Sunday 27 September 2020

Blended Learning: "How to " Tutorials for my favourite Digital Tools


have talked a lot about Digital Tools and how these can support my lessons, creating a Blended Learning experienced in my classroom.  See my post here

On this post, I am sharing some quick How to videos on how to use these tools in the classroom to create a Blended Learning experience.  These tools were also invaluable during lock-down!

In the videos, which are not edited so apologies if they are not perfect, I show how I create the resource and I quickly explain possible uses in the classroom for MFL but also for other subjects!

These tools are great for Retrieval Practice and when implemented in the classroom where students bring their own device, you suddenly have Blended Learning in action!  I use Onenote to share the activities created this way.  However, Google Classroom would be equally good. 

Since September, all my students bring their own device to lessons and they open their Onenote. I teach using, face to face techniques, activities through my board but also via activities using the apps from the videos, which have been previously shared via Onenote.  

During lessons, some students may work on the activities online while others may do oral work with me, or the whole class may work through the activities online. This is how I have been teaching for the last three weeks and my students love it!  Rather than doing an old-fashioned worksheet, students may do a Quizizz, Wheel of Names or a LearningApps activity!  As we cannot use board games now, students play board games (for oral, translation practice) via the Genially free digital boards!  

I have tried to maximise all the knowledge I acquired during Lock-down from amazing educators such as Joe Dale, Helen Meyers, Jane Basnett, Vincent Everett or Marie Allirot to just mention a few! I hope you find the video guides useful!  There are more guides to come: Flippity, Flipgrid and Padlet but on a second post as this has taken most of the Sunday morning to make. 

How to use Genially for Board Games in the Blended Learning Classroom


How to use Quizizz in the Blended Learning Classroom


How to use Google forms to create a simple Escape Room



How to use Learning Apps in the Blended Learning Classroom



How to use Wheel of Names in the Blended Classroom 



How to use Spiral.ac in the Blended Classroom


How to use ClassroomScreen in the Blended Classroom


6 comments:

  1. Hello Esmeralda. Thank you so much for your videos and your blog. These have helped me get organised for online teaching. Could you please give me your input for the use of board games in class ort online (right now)? When students are engaged in the board game activity on Genially, how do you assess whether the answers provided by the students to each other are correct? Can students input anything onto teh board? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I don’t check it. After lots of practice with Sentence Builders, I want my students to develop confidence and speak even if they make mistakes. However partners are always keen to spot these so their opponents do not earn a point. They always have their sentence builders with them.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for these videos Esmeralda, this has been my favourite well-filtered summary place to come to lately, as we are inundated by remote teaching tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! Glad it’s been useful!

      Delete
  3. Amazing videos with so much support. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! So glad they are useful!

      Delete

Making instant Google Form Quizzes with AI to practise the productive Skills (GCSE ORAL/WRITING EXAMS)

Happy Easter everyone!  I thought I would share with you a short post on how to use AI to create Google Forms Quizzes in seconds, using the ...